An open letter to local residents from the Lake Clifton Herron Residents Association:
You are invited to come along to the AGM on Sunday 18th October 2020 at 2:00 pm. We must have a quorum of seven financial members in order to hold the meeting so please come along to hear what the Association has achieved over the last year.
You will NOT be pressured to join the Committee but you would be very welcome should you decide to do so. The Committee welcomes input from all members of the community at the Community Meetings held bi-monthly. The Association wishes to be representative of all our community members.
We think that the Association is doing good things for the community. Some of our current activities include:
- Development of a day use site at the Historic Lake Clifton Lime Kiln site
- Support for the Landcare group and their major re vegetation program on the verges of Lake Clifton which has been recognised by Peel-Harvey Catchment Council as a vital part of protecting the RAMSAR site of Lake Clifton (the lake)
- Hosting Peel-Harvey Catchment Council’s Seedling Giveaway – a very popular event
- Discussion with Main Roads WA re road safety issues such as kangaroo vs vehicle accidents
- Advocating to the Shire of Waroona on behalf of community members
With an aging membership the Association would love to get some younger people on board, as general members, or Committee members, to organise activities for families and to continue the Association’s activities into the future. There will be light refreshments after the AGM and everyone is welcome to attend the Community Meeting held after the AGM.
We would love to see you there. Come along and meet some other people in the community and those who are trying to do good things for our local area.