POINTS OF INTEREST
There are lots of things to see and do in Lake Clifton and Herron
- Thrombolites – a viewing platform at the western end of Mount John Road provides an excellent panorama of Lake Clifton and a wonderful view of the thrombolites which stretch for hundreds of metres. For more information on these amazing structures go to our Thrombolites page or DBCA page.
- The Historic Lake Clifton Lime Kiln Day Use Area is a wheelchair friendly area incorporating a picnic area and informational signs. An easy Grade 1 Walk Trail through the area, 1km return, includes a Talking Circle with Aboriginal artwork of the six Noongar seasons that celebrates the connection of the traditional owners to this area.
- Yalgorup National Park – explore the Lakeside Loop Walktrail
- Island Point – information and directions
- History and photographs – Waroona Shire website
- More information – Wikipedia
- Even more information and the Aboriginal story of the lakes – Western Australia Expert
- Stay a while – Google search