POINTS OF INTEREST
There are lots of things to see and do in Lake Clifton and Herron
- Thrombolites – a viewing platform at the western end of Mount John Road provides an excellent panorama of Lake Clifton and a wonderful view of the thrombolites which stretch for hundreds of metres. For more information on these amazing structures go to our Thrombolites page.
- Historic lime kiln – there is a new day use area at this fascinating site which operated briefly a century ago. There are tables and chairs, information signs and the well preserved ruins of the kiln head works. Walk trails are soon to be added.
- Yalgorup National Park – explore the Lakeside Loop Walktrail
- Cape Bouvard Winery – food and drink for your refreshment
- Lake Clifton Winery – fruit wines for your enjoyment
- Bakery – for all your food needs
- Caravan Park – stay a while