Following is the text of an email message from the Royal Agricultural Society to its members received Tuesday 12 January. The committee of LHCRA supports their recommendations and hopes that the details are useful to you if you want to help the fire victims. There are many other appeals that you may consider but please be careful as some of them may be scams.
South West Bushfires
The devastating bushfires in the South West shires of Waroona and Harvey have affected many people in our regional communities. Several appeals have been set up to help victims of the fatal bushfires that have left two people dead and destroyed 142 homes and several heritage buildings in historic Yarloop. According to the Department of Agriculture and Food, approximately 426 agricultural properties in the Yarloop, Harvey and Waroona areas are believed to have been impacted by the fires. An estimated 33,000 hectares of agricultural land has been affected by the fires and the blaze has burnt out a significant amount of pasture. Here’s how you can help…
Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund
Donations to the Waroona and District Fires Appeal can be made:
- via EFT: BSB 306-035, Account 2014474
- over the counter at any BankWest branch or agency to the dedicated appeal account, 306-035 2014474
- in person at the Customer Service counter at Council House, 27 St Georges Tce, Perth
- with a credit card by phoning 9461 3886 during normal business hours
- by mail to LMDRF, Waroona and District Fires Appeal, City of Perth, GPO Box C120, Perth WA 6839
- Cash donations are being accepted. Go to https://www.gofundme.com/8gx38ezg for more information
- Harvey Stockfeeds & Animal Supplies owners Liz Tindale and Daniel Phillips, helping get feed to stranded animals in the Yarloop area. Access donation details through Harvey Stockfeeds Facebook page.
- WA Equine Emergency FB group, coordinating efforts to find missing horses and other animals and help find temporary homes for stranded animals. To offer help, go to their Facebook page, WA Equine Emergency.
- Bunbury lost, found and stolen, posting information and photos of stranded animals needing to be connected to their owners, and owners looking for their missing animals.
- Wish Animal Rescue is collecting food for pets. You can access donation details through the Wish Animal Rescue Team Facebook page.
- Emergency Wildlife Care Bunbury, coordinating volunteer teams to search for surviving wildlife. Access volunteer and donation details through the organisation’s Bunbury Wildlife Info Facebook page.