RDA Peel launches new Website
RDA Peel’s new website is now up and running and contains information to including:
- Feedback – opportunities to have your say on the Peel Regional Plan, Australian Government Enquiries and other Australian Government issues
- Committee – see profiles of our members
- Funding opportunities – information on RDA Fund and more
- Information – local Government area statistical profiles and regional information
- Projects – RDA Peel Key Priorities 2010/11
- Events – workshops and seminars hosted by RDA Peel
- Links – to local Government, State Government and other useful links
- Downloads – includes all past PAGE issues, strategic documents, research and reports and community resources
Community Assistance Fund – Shire of Murray
The CAF aims to assist community groups within the Shire of Murray to build and strengthen their organisational capacity, develop skills, or to host an event in endeavour to deliver services within the Shire that effectively contribute to building vibrant, inclusive and healthy community.
Funding is limited to a maximum of $1,500 and the closing date for 2011/12 Round 1 is 30 November 2011.
More information go to http://www.murray.wa.gov.au/Residents/Community-Groups/Funding-Grants.htm or phone the Community Development Department on 9531 7777.
Christmas Celebrations for Community Groups – The West Australian & Woolworths Supermarkets
These two companies have teamed up to offer WA community groups the chance to win one of 10 Woolworths gift cards valued at $1,000 to go towards a Christmas Party for their hard working team.
Entries are now open and close Wednesday, 30 November 2011. To be in the draw to win, send an email to email@example.com explaining in 100 words or less why your community group deserves to win a $1,000 Woolworths gift card.
Cash4Clubs – Betfair
Cash 4 Clubs is a sports funding scheme which gives clubs a chance to apply for grants (up to $1,000 each) to improve facilities, purchase new equipment, gain coaching qualifications and generally invest in the sustainability of their club. Any sports club can apply as long as they are registered with their sports National Governing Body or local authority.
Grants are awarded three times per year (each round total is $10,000) after selection by their committee. A round is currently open and closes 29 February 2012. Late applications will not be accepted.
More information, guidelines and to apply online, go to http://cash4clubs.betfair.com.au/
Community Activity Grants Program – Dept. for Communities
Funding of up to $2,500 is available to enable community organisations to develop projects that meet the Dept. for Communities’ strategic directions and priorities.
Projects must meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Projects aimed at strengthening relationships between non government community sector providers
- Projects aimed at enhancing the capacity of non government community sector providers to deliver services to the community
- Projects aimed at developing and establishing networks between non government community sector providers, government, business and the community.
- Projects aimed at responding to identified community related issues/needs that are aligned with the department’s strategic priorities.
The funding is ongoing but allow at least 12 weeks for processing of your application.
More information, guidelines and application form go to http://www.communities.wa.gov.au/grantsandfunding/Grants/CAGP/Pages/default.aspx or contact the Grants and Contracts Officers on 6551 8412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perpetual Philanthropic 2012 Funding
For over 120 years, Perpetual has helped individuals, families and companies contribute to the health and well-being of other through philanthropic endeavours.
Thanks to the generosity of their philanthropic clients, Perpetual is able to distribute around $46 million each year on behalf of the charitable trusts that they manage. Non-profit organisations have the opportunity to apply for grants from those trusts through their annual funding rounds.
The 2012 funding round is currently open and closes Thursday, 12 January 2012, 5pm AEDST.
For further information, 2012 funding round guidelines, frequently asked questions and online application forms please go to http://www.perpetual.com.au/philanthropy-funding-opportunities.aspx
If you are interested in being notified of future funding rounds, register your organisation online now!
Respectful Relationships Round 3 – FaHCSIA
Respectful Relationships is a primary prevention strategy that seeks to prevent sexual assault and domestic and family violence through education. The grants are intended to support young people in raising awareness of ethical behaviour, to develop protective behaviours and to develop their skills in conducting respectful relationships.
Applicants can apply for a total of up to $400,000 (over three financial years) for each project. Total funding of up to $3.6 million is available. Projects must be ready to commence from April 2012 and completed by June 2014.
The funding round is currently open and closes 3pm AEDST Friday, 9 December 2011.
For more information go to http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/about/news/2011/Pages/respectful_relationships_round_three_28oct11.aspx or email RR3@fahcsia.gov.au
Max e Grant Program – OfficeMax/Barnardos
The Max e Grant Program can provide grants for nominated children and young people up to a maximum of $5,000 per grant to support, promote and encourage their educational potential and outcomes. The application can be for an individual or a group or children (e.g. siblings, special excursion).
Assistance may be given by way of financial support for:
- school supplies/equipment
- school books/texts
- sporting equipment/uniforms
- tutoring external/tutoring in class
- school fees
- extracurricular activities (such as club fees, uniforms etc)
The current round is open and closes Wednesday, 29 February 2012.
More information and online application form go to http://www.bmaxe.com.au/html/
Community Finder – City of Mandurah
The Community Finder is an online service that aims to link the community with local clubs, groups, services and facilities in the Mandurah area. This is a FREE service run by the City of Mandurah.
What is listed?
- Local clubs, groups and associations
- Mandurah’s beaches, parks and reserves
- Facilities including libraries, halls and aged care centres
- Services and Government information
- Transport and parking areas
- Schools, Universities and child care centres
- Health centres, doctors and hospitals
Who can join?
- Local groups, services and businesses in the Mandurah area are encouraged to join this continually growing community resource
How to join:
- Visit the City of Mandurah website, click the ‘Help’ link located in the top right corner of the site, choose ‘Community Finder’ and fill in the registration form.
Tax Basics for Non-Profit Organisations
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has recently released a new version of its guide Tax basics for non-profit organisations. The guide provides an overview of tax obligations for not-for-profit organisations, and is a valuable resource for treasurers, officer bearers and employees involved in the administration of a not-for-profit organisation.
The guide will help you determine whether your organisation is ‘not-for-profit’ and explains a range of taxes and concessions that affect not for profit organisations, including: Income tax, GST, Employees and other workers, Fundraising, Record keeping, administration, and payment, State/territory government taxes and duties.
To download or order the guide, follow the link to the ATO website: www.ato.gov.au/nonprofit/content.aspx?doc=/content/33609.htm
Please note that RDA Peel does have a hard copy available at the office for your perusal.
Pinjarra Golf Club Inc. – Programs for Women and Youth (10-16yo)
During January 2012, Pinjarra Golf Club’s Professional Andrew Thomas will be holding golfing programs, details are:
Ladies four week program on Sunday mornings commences 15 January 2012 and costs $99. The program will cover:
- Week 1 – grip, aim, stance, swing & chipping motion
- Week 2 – full swing motion
- Week 3 – Pitching motion & bunker shots
- Week 4 – Putting & game management
- All equipment is provided, along with a video analysis.
Youth (10-16 year olds) three day program during school holidays commencing Monday, 9 then Wednesday, 11 and Friday 13 January 2012 from 9.00am to 10.30am, followed by light refreshments. The programs consists of:
- Day 1 – swing basics and practical skills
- Day 2 – putting, chipping and pitching
- Day 3 – recap day 1 and 2 followed by short course play and practice
- All equipment is provided for just $49/participant.
More information or to book please contact Andrew Thomas, Professional, Pinjarra Golf Club on email@example.com or phone 9531 2588. Please note numbers are limited.
Christmas Candlelight Memorial Service – The Compassionate Friends Mandurah
The 2011 Candlelight Service will be held on Sunday 11 December at the South Mandurah Uniting Church, 2 Rees Place, Mandurah, hosted by Reverend Andrew Morris.
All bereaved parents, relatives and friends are invited to attend. Please arrive at 6.30 for a 7p.m. start. Feel free to bring a small framed photograph of your loved one and a small plate for a shared supper. Candles are provided.
More information or enquiries contact The Compassionate Friends on 9582 8113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Grants – FAHCSIA
4,600 organisations benefited from grants totalling $16 million within Australia. Peel region organisations included:
- Boddington Ladies Bowling Club $3,164.30
- Events Assist Incorporated $1,650.00
- North Pinjarra Progress Assoc Inc. $5,000.00
- Pinjarra Katijin $4,800.00
- Pinjarra RSL Sub Branch $3,000.00
- St Vincent de Paul Society WA, Pinjarra $4,800.00
- St Vincent de Paul Society WA, Mandurah $4,900.00
- Uniting Outreach Mandurah $2,565.00
- Waroona District High School P&C Assoc Inc. $1,762.50
- Waroona Senior Citizens Welfare Committee $1,829.36
- Yarloop Community Resource Centre Inc. $1,600.00
- Yarloop Playgroup Inc. $2,649.00
- Zonta Club of Peel Region Inc. $2,389.00
WA in Crime Prevention – SGIO
- S.O.S. Supporting our Seniors and Disabled Inc for Operation “Home Safe”.