New Direction for RDA Peel
RDA Peel wishes to advise this will be the last issue of the Peel Community P.A.G.E. Newsletter.
RDA Peel has assessed its strategic direction and work task priorities for 2012, deciding to focus its resources more on the on project development and regional strategic planning aspects of its designated roles.
This means that resources formerly allocated to increasing the capacity of the community and improving the sustainability of the not for profit sector in the region are no longer available for these purposes.
RDA Peel will be supporting Community Solutions Inc. in development of the CONNECTING PEEL Project.
CONNECTING PEEL – ‘Supporting the Development and Connectivity of Community Organisations in the Peel Region’ – will provide its members with access to training, resources and support to assist with managing the complex tasks of running a community organisation, thus strengthening the community sector.
Specifically, as part of Connecting Peel, members could have access to the following initiatives:
• An annual calendar of workshops and courses facilitated by professionals in their fields, and tailored to the needs of the sector
• Information on relevant funding opportunities
• Networking function such as sector sun-downers
• Quarterly e-news publications informing members of the activities and opportunities across the Region
• Access to an overarching public liability and volunteer workers compensation insurance policy
• Access to board room, group workshop room and computer training room at a reduced rate
• Access to an events trailer, containing items required to run small scaled community events.
• One on one consulting on strategic planning, governance and board membership, financial management or marketing at an affordable rate.
It is envisaged that a number of different membership options will be available, ensuring access is possible for all community groups.
As part of the transition process your organisation’s contact details will be transferred to Community Solutions Inc. They will be contacting you shortly regarding your participation in CONNECTING PEEL.
It is important for you to advise RDA Peel if you do not want your contact details transferred no later than 4.00pm Wednesday, 29 February 2012.
RDA Peel would like to take this opportunity to thank those organisations who have attended our many training events and workshops, including the recent Peel Community Grants Exp