On Friday there will be more tree planting near Lake Clifton off Capel Way. Planting starts at 9am and break for sausage sizzle at 12. There will be fruit and water at the planting area.
If you need more information contact Nancy on 9739 1154 or on the day 0439928470.
Many thanks to all those who have helped over the past week.
Community Solutions Inc. is URGENTLY seeking a contractor on short notice to develop a sponsorship application for one of their projects.
They are looking for a person with a key understanding and experience in sponsorship and community development to work with their team for a four week period, developing a specific sponsorship application. The contract will have relatively flexible conditions in relation to working hours and location, however the contractor needs to be available to meet with Community Solutions staff on a weekly basis. Although expectations in relation to hours per week will not be specified in the contract, it will be expected that the contractor will deliver the required outcomes in the appropriate time frames. An attractive rate, along with other benefits will be negotiated.
If you are, or have knowledge of, a suitable person to take advantage of this opportunity contact Rhys Williams 08 9581 4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community & Grants Coordinator
Regional Development Australia Peel Inc.
Unit 4 / 11-13 Davey Street, Mandurah
P: 08 9586 3400
F: 08 9586 3411
M: 0438 998 315
Peel Community P.A.G.E. June 2011 – Issue #12 LINK: CLICK HERE
One of the members of the community who lost their passports in the recent fires has been able to get them replaced.
· Ring 131 232 and explain that the Passport was lost in the Lake Clifton Bushfire. That office is fully aware of the Lake Clifton Bushfire.
· A form will be emailed to you, for you to fill in. The form is a Form B-11, “Application for an Australian travel document” “General declaration by passport applicant when a passport is lost or damaged in a declared natural disaster”.
· If you do not have an email or printer capability, the forms may be picked up at an Official Post Office.
· Complete the forms and lodge them at an Official Post Office (not a Post Office Agency).
· You will receive a call from the Passport Office and will be requested to scan and email some official form of identity – such as a Drivers Licence showing you as residing at the address where the Passport was destroyed. A Utility bill of some sort may be used as an alternative.
· Once again, if you don’t have scanning capability, it is probably Ok to mail the documents.
· You will receive another phone call and asked a series of questions about your identity, which would have been provided when you first applied for your Passport.
· Your replacement Passport should then be approved.
The entire process from initial phone call, to delivery to the door of the replacement Passport took 10 days.
Commodore VX Aclaim White Auto Sedan Gas/petrol, a/c, abs, full electrics, cruise control, towbar, power steering. $6950
Phone Michael 0422 367 871
Looking for volunteers.
Landcare planting is happening this Thursday 23rd June starting at 10am and Saturday 25th June at 9am.
This is the instructions on how to get there.
Go to Capel Way, turn onto dirt track left off the road. Follow firebreak on fenceline towards the lake.
Call Nancy on 9739 1154 for more information
A little light reading.
Road Safety Round-Up June 11
I have just received several DVD’s from Sally Talbots Member for South West Region on “Bushfire Recovery for Private Land” A snapshot of environment management.
It is a series of short documentaries focusing on land recovery and addresses some of the common land issues that private land holders expect to face in the initial years following a bushfire.
The chapters focus on: Native vegetation, Weeds, Native Fauna, Erosion, Farm productivity and community recovery.
If anyone would like a copy phone me on 0427 442 781.